Online blogs provide commentary or news on a particular subject such as sports, news, music or a hobby. Most blogs online function more as personal online diaries. A typical blog combines text, images, and links to other blogs, web pages, and other media related to its topic. The ability for readers to leave comments in an interactive format is an important part of many blogs. Most blogs are primarily textual, although some focus on photos, audio podcasting, videos, or all combined together.
Many realtors or real estate investors who have properties or businesses can use blogs to keep in touch with their readers or create a community of readers interested in their
subject matter. If you are a realtor who focuses on condos you can talk about condos, if you are a wholesale investor who sells fixer uppers you can blog about fixer uppers and expand on your expertise. Some of your posts can include your listings or projects that you are working on. You can subtly ask your readers about interest in your real estate inventory. By offering quality expertise in your field you gain trust among your readers and possibly a potential buyer.
Blogs are affordable compared to the cost of building a website. Most blogs are free or have a low monthly fee to maintain. The most common blog programs available are wordpress blogs or blogger. Both are easy to use and update. Blogs are also very search engine friendly so it will also assist in getting you found easier online.
Here are some things you can do with a blog:
· Post daily real estate tips and information to your readers.
· Share your real estate expertise and become the go to blog for useful posts in your market.
· Search Engines like to spider Blogs because the content is always fresh and constantly being updated!
· There are a lot of directories catering to Blogs online. Some directories allow you to “Ping” them when you add new content to keep their directories updated.
· Have your visitors subscribe to your blog by leaving a subscribe button on your blog so that interested visitors can get notified when you post.
· Use google adsense to get residual income from PPC targeted advertisers.
· Have your blog offer RSS feeds and Podcast feeds of your posts.
· Place links to important information from your website like your listings or your contact information.
· The important social and interactive aspect of blogs is its ability for visitors to post comments on your post. Creating dialogue shows your reader you are a live person behind the blog.
· You do not need to be a programmer or coder to get a blog up and running. For the most part it is very user friendly and easy to start one up.
· You can customize the design and layout of most blogs to cater to the look and feel of your business brand.
If you haven’t noticed blogs are here to remain in cyberspace. If your business doesn’t have a Blog you need to start planning on getting one running now. Any business looking to create a social presence in web 2.0 should have one.
For more information visit www.thinkigloo.co.uk